INSTRUCTIONS FOR OWNER QUESTIONNAIRE How to fill out an Owner Questionnaire
Once you have completed your Screening Visit you will receive a log-in password for the CVFP Software. We ask that you fill out all of the information regarding your dog’s diet, supplementation, exercise program, and medical history. This is vital information and crucial to the Study. Please be thorough.
Step 1: Log-in. You will receive an email from the Vision software with a Username and temporary password. The email will come from this email address: Valley-Fever-No-Reply@preludedynamics.com.
Step 2: Fill out an Owner Questionnaire The questions are self-explanatory. There are a couple of items that need clarifying.
1. Under diet, raw bones are meaty bones like chicken necks and backs that they do consume. Recreational bones are marrow bones they chew on, but don’t consume.
2. If you feed a home-cooked or raw diet then the diet percentages are fairly easy to calculate.
3. If you feed a dry dog food then it will be a bit more difficult to estimate the amount of starch/carbohydrates in your dog’s diet. For dry dog food, canned and treats this is not disclosed on the label. If you go to Dog Food Advisor and google your food then it will list the protein, carbs and fat. Use the column for "dry matter analysis". If you need any help please email Jane@caninevalleyfeverproject.com. The diet section is very important information.
4. Supplementation section. Feel free to add any additional supplements or clarify by name in the “Other” section.
5. Do the best you can to estimate the amount of exercise that your pet receives.
6. Please take the time to get the complete medical history for your pet and complete the lower part of the page. You might have to call your vet clinic first.
7. Is this dog currently on, or has been on in the last 120 days, any medications? Please answer Yes even if you just used Benadryl, Aspirin or flea and tick medicine.
8. For vaccinations an example of 2 strains would be Distemper and Parvo combined. A 5-way shot is 5 strains.
9. The last question in the Medical History section: Were there any pre-existing medical conditions/diagnoses and any veterinary procedures performed in the last 120 days? It’s a drop-down menu. If your dog has had any veterinary procedure click Other and type in what was done. An example is dental cleaning, spay or neuter, toenail trimming, any injuries, and any radiographs.
10. Once you have completed all the information and double checked your answers click on Save at the bottom of the page. If you make a mistake you can hit Reset and it will blank everything out.
After each visit, if something has changed in your dog’s routine click on YES at the top of the page and complete the changed information. Visits will be indicated by numbers.
If you have questions, please email Jane@CanineValleyFeverProject.com.
Copyright 2017 Canine Valley Fever Project • All Rights Reserved